Thursday, December 8, 2011

Noreen's Kitchen: What's for Dinner? Stuffed Italian Shells


Greetings! Tonight I am making some stuffed Italian shells. I was recently asked if I had a good recipe for these by a subscriber. This is similar to how my mom made them but I have added the spinach and the Portabello mushrooms. My mushrooms were some that I had dehydrated this past summer. I got them for 50 cents a package on the vegetable clearance rack and that was a deal that was too good to pass up. I have lots of dehydrated mushrooms so I may as well use them. I re-hyrated them in about 2 cups of boiling water and then squeezed them dry and chopped them, I also thawed a frozen box of chopped spinach and then squeezed it dry though a colander and some paper towels. This dish may take a little bit of preparation and effort, but in the end, you will have a lovely meal you made yourself and you won't have to buy the frozen stuffed shells. You never know what they put in that stuff anyway. Eat these by themselves or along with some sausage or meatballs and a salad and some bread and you have a great home cooked meal. This recipe actually makes enough to fill two of the foil pans that I used. I put the extra shells in a pan, stuffing side up without any sauce and placed them in the freezer until they were solid. The next day I took them out of the pan and placed them in a zip top freezer bag for easier storage. The next time I need a quick meal on a busy night, all I have to do is place those frozen shells in a pan with some sauce and some cheese and toss a salad and ...

Wholesale Canvas Tote Bags Order Now Where To Buy Elliptical Training For Runners Brand New Andis Ceramic




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links